Return to Common Sense
September 10, 2019
Section: Culture – Immigration
“Requiring all immigrants to assimilate into American language, culture, and responsibilities is the critical first step to ensure the continuation of the vibrant and unique U.S. culture.”
“” Jack Paar.
Philosophy (Background, Issues, Objectives):
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) owns immigration mission.
- Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- Customs and Border Protection.
Immigration into the U.S. remains at a high level, both legal and illegal.
- Immigration is not a “right;” it is a “privilege” granted by the citizens of the country involved.
- Healthy and dynamic economy.
- Open business culture.
- Freedom of religion and politics.
Four major immigration eligibility criteria:
- Family ties (Constitution 14th Amendment “…born or nationalized in the United States …are citizens…” is being abused).
o There are 300,000 to 400,000 children born to illegal immigrants in the U.S. each year.
o There were 2.3 million such children in 2003; there were four million in 2008 – and that number doesn’t include children who are older than 18 or who are married.
o Texas says that between 60,000 to 65,000 of the children born in Texas every year have parents who are not citizens or 16% of the total births in the state -- 542,152 from 2001 to 2009.
o According to Pew Hispanic Center, there are four million children of illegal aliens who received citizenship by the sole virtue of being in the Unites States when born.
o Over one third of these children live at or below the poverty line and are eligible for a host of welfare programs that they would not receive were it not for birthright citizenship.
- Sponsored employment in a few skill areas.
- Documented persecution (Political, religious, ethnic persecution).
- Selection in a visa lottery:
o B visa (B1 = business, B2 = tourist, B1/2 = Business and Pleasure).
o L-1 (H1-B) visas for skilled workers (lowered cap to 65,000 per year in 2003).
o EB is employment-based green card for permanent residency (annual allotment of 140,000).
o Limited H-2B visas for unskilled labor (140,000 per year)
"Naturalization" is another word for becoming a citizen and includes a number of citizenship requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must also have "good moral character" (not have a recent or serious criminal record, have not derived income from certain illegal sources, are not a drunkard or polygamist, support your minor children, must not have previously been deported without lawful reentry, and have not lied to obtain benefits under the Immigration and Nationality Act).
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess basic familiarity with American history.
- Must be lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence for at least five years, with limited absences from the United States during that period.
- Citizenship could be denied if the immigrant was viewed as a potential “public charge” (welfare reliant).
o In 2011, 23.05% of all citizenship applications were denied on all refusal grounds, from terrorist activity to misrepresentation to criminal activity and the like.
o In 2011, only .068% were found ineligible on the basis of the applicant becoming a public charge.
The overwhelmingly majority of the world’s countries do not offer automatic citizenship to everyone born within their borders.
· Only 33 (including U.S., Canada, Pakistan, Mexico, and Brazil) countries offer birthright citizenship; while 122 countries do not.
· Of the 31 counties listed on the International Monetary Fund’s list of advanced economies, only the United States and Canada grant automatic birthright citizenship.
· No country in Europe grants automatic citizenship.
· Since 1981, eight countries have repealed birthright citizenship laws: Portugal (1981), UK (1983), Malta (1989), India (1987), France (1993), Ireland (2005), New Zealand (2005) and Australia (2007).
A 2007 Harvard study, based on detailed interviews of nearly 30,000 people across America, has identified the harm large-scale immigration causes to the nation's social fabric.
- The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings.
- The greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects.
- In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings.
Uncontrolled immigration in Europe has also undermined country culture and language.
- Norway has instituted a moratorium on immigrant family reunification.
- England has not been successful assimilating Muslim immigrants, creating terrorist instead.
- France has allowed multi-culturalism to breed separation and discontent causing riots.
- European Union has proposed “blue card” to attract highly educated workers by creating a temporary but renewable two-year visa.
The United States has the highest legal immigration in the world.
- Every year, we allow 750,000 immigrants to enter the country legally and make them eligible for citizenship within five years.
- Two hundred and fifty thousand asylees are also permitted to enter annually.
- Real ID was signed in 2005, by President Bush, and it allowed nearly six years to comply.
o 13 states (Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Iowa, Indiana, Maryland, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming) have met the standards of the 2005 law, and a “temporary deferment” has been granted for all other states and territories.
o Legislatures of two dozen states have voted to reject the Real ID requirements.
- E-Verify is an optional Internet-based, free program run by the United States government that compares information from an employee's Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 to data from U.S. government records.
o 17 states and the District of Columbia have an E-Verify mandate in place.
o Unfortunately, states that currently have an E-Verify mandate only apply it in a limited way.
- In the 1990s, Mexico provided biometric IDs to all its citizens in just three years, using Kodak and IBM technology.
Individual states have enacted their own immigration laws to control illegal immigration.
- Oklahoma targets illegal immigrants with tough new law, HB 1804, in 2007.
- In 2008 the Rhode Island Governor signed an executive order mandating immigration checks on all new state workers and ordering State Police to assist federal immigration officials.
- Arizona passed immigration enforcement law Arizona SB 1070 in April 2010.
- In 2011 Georgia passed an immigration enforcement law, HB 87, that punishes people who transport or harbor illegal immigrants here, and authorizes police to investigate the immigration status of suspects they believe have committed state or federal crimes and who cannot produce identification, such as a driver’s license, or provide other information that could help police identify them.
- In 2011 Alabama passed immigration law to enforce laws against illegal immigration.
- Meanwhile Massachusetts, New York, and Illinois refuse to participate in the federal Secure Communities program that uses local police to check for immigration violations.
Illegal immigrants arrive many different ways (estimated over 11 million, growing by 700,000 per year).
- Currently estimates are 11 million illegal immigrants are in this country today.
- Primary source of illegal immigrants are Mexico (20%), the 6% each from India, China, and Philippines.
- 7 million illegal immigrants are employed (5% of total work force).
- Some sneak across the porous borders.
- Border Patrol apprehended over 100,000 non-Mexican illegal border crossers in 2005.
- Some overstay their temporary visas (students, workers, vacation – estimated more than 2 million)
Illegal immigrants cost more than just their salaries.
- National Research Council estimates net fiscal cost of immigration ranges from $11-22 billion per year.
o Immigrants in past (prior to 1960 Great Society) did not have a welfare state to support them.
o U.S. taxpayers are giving more than $9,000 a year in cash or benefits to each immigrant.
o Nearly 30% of immigrant households qualify for Earned Income Tax credit.
- Children of illegal alien families are flooding schools with underperforming students.
o Share of total enrollment in primary and secondary schools grew from 12.7% in 1993 to 19.2% in 2004.
o Hispanic high school completion rate declined from 77.1% in 1969 to 69.9% in 2000.
- Immigrants are not always employed.
o From 2006-2016 the portion of Hispanics in the labor force is projected to grow from 13.7% to 16.4%.
o The increase in low skilled, under educated illegal immigrants will increase unemployment.
§ About 30% of all immigrants in the work force in 2005 lack a high school education.
§ About 62% of Mexicans in 2005 have less than a high school education.
§ About 45% are in or near poverty compared to 29% of native-headed households.
- Illegal alien families can not be refused health care at hospitals, accelerating hospital bankruptcies.
o Nearly half of immigrant are either uninsured or on Medicaid.
o 24.2% of immigrant households receive Medicaid, 19.25 of total households.
o The cost of treating illegal immigrants is estimated at $10.7 Billion per year.
o In Los Angeles 60 hospitals have closed emergency rooms over the past decade.
- Illegal aliens are disproportionately represented in Arizona and the other Border States crime statistics:
o When measured by the number of criminal defendants charged with federal crimes by U.S. attorneys, the top five U.S. judicial districts for fiscal 2009 were all on the U.S.-Mexico border.
o In Los Angeles, 95% of all outstanding warrants for homicide in the first half of 2004 targeted illegal aliens, and up to two-thirds of all fugitive felony warrants.
o Some private reports state that 83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix and 86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque, New Mexico, are for illegal aliens.
o At any given time, up to 75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.
o 23% of all inmates in LA County detention centers are “deportable.”
o LA police estimate that violent gangs, such as MS-13 and 18th Street Gang, are “overwhelmingly” composed of illegal aliens.
The 1986 Simpson-Mazzoli bill was hailed as the last immigration amnesty bill we would need.
· The borders were to be protected.
· Illegal immigrants were to be stopped at the borders.
· Instead illegal immigration increased and continues to be a problem.
The Secure Communities program, created in 2008, performs three functions:
- Seeks to identify criminal aliens through the use of biometric fingerprint matching;
- Prioritizes their detention and deportation through a series of risk factors; and
- Facilitates interoperability between on-the-ground state and local law enforcement and the federal ICE.
The “immigrant rights” movement is composed of a number of groups, each with its own agenda:
- National Council of La Raza - is the best-known Hispanic interest group and an organization whose racism is built right into their name and claims to support “smart enforcement policies that uphold national security and the Constitution.”
o "The Race" supports driver's licenses for illegal aliens.
o "The Race" demands in-state tuition discounts for illegal alien students that are not available to law-abiding U.S. citizens and law-abiding legal immigrants.
o "The Race" vehemently opposes cooperative immigration enforcement efforts between local, state and federal authorities.
o "The Race" opposes a secure fence on the southern border.
o "The Race" joined the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee in a failed lawsuit attempt to prevent the feds from entering immigration information into a key national crime database and local police officers from accessing the data.
o "The Race" opposed the state of Oklahoma's tough immigration-enforcement-first laws, which cut off welfare to illegal aliens, put teeth in employer sanctions and strengthened local-federal cooperation and information sharing.
o "The Race" joined other open-borders, anti-assimilationists and sued to prevent Proposition 227, California's bilingual education reform ballot initiative, from becoming law.
o "The Race" bitterly protested common-sense voter ID provisions as an "absolute disgrace."
o "The Race" has consistently opposed post-9/11 national security measures.
o Former "Race" president Raul Yzaguirre, Hillary Clinton's Hispanic outreach adviser, said this: "U.S. English is to Hispanics as the Ku Klux Klan is to blacks." He was referring to U.S. English, the nation's oldest, largest citizens' action group dedicated to preserving the unifying role of the English language in the United States. "The Race" also pioneered Orwellian open-borders Newspeak and advised the Mexican government on how to lobby for illegal alien amnesty while avoiding the terms "illegal" and "amnesty."
o "The Race" gives mainstream cover to a poisonous subset of ideological satellites, led by Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, or Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan (MEChA).
o "The Race" is currently leading a smear campaign against staunch immigration enforcement leaders and has called for TV and cable news networks to keep immigration enforcement proponents off the airwaves in addition to pushing for Fairness Doctrine policies to shut up their foes. The New York Times reported that current "Race" president Janet Murguia believes "hate speech" should "not be tolerated, even if such censorship were a violation of First Amendment rights."
o "The Race" sponsors militant ethnic nationalist charter schools subsidized by public tax dollars (at least $8 million in federal education grants). The schools include Aztlan Academy in Tucson, Ariz., the Mexicayotl Academy in Nogales, Ariz., Academia Cesar Chavez Charter School in St. Paul, Minn., and La Academia Semillas del Pueblo in Los Angeles, whose principal inveighed: "We don't want to drink from a White water fountain, we have our own wells and our natural reservoirs and our way of collecting rain in our aqueducts. We don't need a White water fountain and ultimately the White way, the American way, the neo liberal, capitalist way of life will eventually lead to our own destruction."
o "The Race" has perfected the art of the PC shakedown at taxpayer expense, pushing relentlessly to lower home loan standards for Hispanic borrowers, reaping millions in federal "mortgage counseling" grants, seeking special multimillion-dollar earmarks and partnering with banks that do business with illegal aliens.
o "The Race" thrives on ethnic supremacy -- and the elite sheeple's unwillingness to call it what it is. As historian Victor Davis Hanson observes: "[The] organization's very nomenclature 'The National Council of La Raza' is hate speech to the core. Despite all the contortions of the group, Raza (as its Latin cognate suggests) reflects the meaning of 'race' in Spanish, not 'the people' -- and that's precisely why we don't hear of something like 'The National Council of the People,' which would not confer the buzz notion of ethnic, racial and tribal chauvinism."
- MEChA – stands for Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán and describes itself as part of our Raza’s future arguing that they are “Indigenous people to this land by placing our movement in Aztlan.” Aztlan is a legendary homeland for pre-Columbian Mexican cultures but has also become the touchstone for radical organizations which claim that most of Southwestern United States is Mexican territory occupied by Americans.
- FIRM (Fair Immigration Reform Movement) - is an umbrella group of “grassroots organizations fighting for immigrant rights.” FIRM was organized by the Center for Community Change (CCC), a group run by a former high-ranking employee of ACORN, and whose board of directors is packed with radical leftists, union activists, and the executive director of MoveOn.org.
- Somos Un Pueblo Unido - pushes for “access [to] in-state tuition and state financial aid regardless of immigration status” and claims to have been “instrumental in establishing one of the nation's highest citywide minimum wage.”
- El Centro de Igualdad y Derechos (The Center for Equality and Rights) - writes documents for immigrants, legal and otherwise, on the topic. El Centro reminds illegal immigrants that they are entitled to receive workers’ compensation if injured during work, that they have the right to participate in political protests (during non-work hours), that even if they can’t vote they “can participate in a political campaign…testify in hearings, and personally speak to politicians and policy makers.”
- Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and the AFL-CIO - believe they’ll be able to unionize illegal immigrants if the illegals received amnesty.
First, secure our borders and provide additional resources to federal and state authorities to strengthen border patrol efforts.
Second, strengthen enforcement and stiffen penalties on those immigrants who ignore the rule of law of this country.
Third, enforce current laws that prevent employers from knowingly hiring illegal immigrants.
Fourth, oppose all efforts to reward illegal immigrants for illegal behavior.
Fifth, keep the door to America open since our continued success depends on legal immigrants
Sixth, assimilate immigrants into our society by learning English and embrace our common identity as Americans.
- “In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American… There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for one flag, the American flag…. We have room for but one language here, and this is the English language…. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is the loyalty to the American people.” By Theodore Roosevelt, 1907.
Citizenship has its obligation:
- Swear allegiance to America, to the republic, and everything it stands for.
- Swear to honor and preserve its culture, its symbols, and its national anthem.
Short Term, Enforce existing immigration laws.
- Protect the borders to reduce the number of foreigners sneaking into the country.
- Allow Border Patrol access to all federal lands.
- Deport criminals immediately following sentence completion.
- Reform the judicial process in immigration courts, including restricting relief from removal, to expedite the process and reduce the backlog of cases.
Issue safe, secure personal identification for every citizen and visitor.
· Implement REAL ID standards for driver’s licenses and “breeder” documents to obtain state identify cards for visitors and legal immigrants.
· Require safe, tamper proof identification with biometric identifiers for citizens using our unique Social Security Number.
o Require unique identification for voting, travel, and financial validation.
Streamline and Increase legal immigration to grow the United States with skilled citizens.
- Repeal Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 as outdated and no longer needed.
- Abolish the Diversity Visa Lottery.
- Restrict asylum to the internationally recognized definition of those who are unable to be returned to the home country due to a well-founded fear of (state) persecution due to race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.
- Remove H1-B visa limit to encourage high skilled immigrants.
- Streamline H2-A visa acquisition and management procedures.
- Set high standards for immigrants (health, skill, criminal record, etc.)
Require all immigrants assimilate into the American culture and responsibilities:
- Abandon diversity and multi-culturalism as a PC aberration undermining American “melting pot” roots.
- Learn and respect American history and culture (included in citizenship exam).
o Mandate English (national) language (American common knowledge, but not legislated) fluency.
§ Repeal Presidential Executive Order # 13166 to require government services to be delivered in English only.
o End bilingual education in schools to speed up assimilation.
o Abide by American morals and laws.
Close borders to stop further illegal immigration.
- Amend 14th Amendment to apply only to children of citizens, repealing “anchor baby” provision.
- Complete double-layered security fencing between Mexico and United States.
o Determine border security alternatives effectiveness before building additional fencing.
o Continue “virtual fence” tests but delay implementation until effectiveness matches physical fence.
- Implement biometric identification to track visitors, temporary workers, students.
o Require biometric entry/exit system to track non-immigrant visitors to the U.S.
o Implement US Visitor and Immigrant Status Indicator Technology (US-VISIT) program.
- Register and/or prosecute all existing illegal aliens.
o Require state and local law enforcement to report affirmatively all non-citizens in custody to ICE, make ICE detainers mandatory, and require ICE to pick up and remove deportable aliens.
o En catch-and-release of illegal aliens by requiring that they be detained until removal.
o Deport all criminal aliens back to original country upon completion of their sentences.
o Bill foreign governments for cost of illegal immigrants (law enforcement, health care, education).
- Punish employers who knowingly employ illegal aliens.
- Mandate the use of E-Verify application for employment verification.
- Impose employer sanctions on those who knowingly hire unlawfully present systems.
o Develop guest worker program that matches skills to employer sponsors, and ensures return upon completion.
Require state legislatures to support the overall immigration strategy, as condition of funding.
· Enact laws prohibiting illegal immigrants from receiving any government benefits.
- Cut off all federal funds to any city, county, or state that does not enforce immigration law.
Support future expansion of Secure Communities program.
- Reinstate 287(g) programs to train state and local law enforcement to act in the stead of ICE.
- Move forward with Social Security No-Match to enable workplace enforcement.
Once it is determined that a country gives “safe haven” to terrorists or their training camps:
- Deny immigrant and nonimmigrant visas to nations that refuse to repatriate their citizens.
- Intelligence officials will make this assessment and not the State Department.
Long Term, Ensure illegal immigration will not re-occur in the future.
- Prohibit people who have entered the U.S. illegally from applying for citizenship, even if their current status is legal.
- Prohibit people who have entered the U.S. illegally from applying for a work permit, even if their current status is legal.
- Employers should face civil and criminal penalties for failing to verify the legal status of an employee.
- Require a C (citizen) or an N (non-citizen) be placed on driver’s licenses and state identification cards.
- Prohibit people who have entered the U.S. illegally from ever being legally permitted to enter the country.
“Adios, America” by Ann Coulter published by Regnery Publishing, 2015.
“The History of American Immigration” by Robert Locke dated September 6, 2002 published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=2770 .
“The High Cost of Immigration” by Paula Kaufman dated August 12, 2003 published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemag.com/articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=9326 .
“How to Destroy America” by Frosty Wooldridge dated October 31, 2003 published at http://www.frostywooldridge.com/articles/art_how_to_destroy_america_2003.html .
“What Part of ‘Illegal’ Don’t Americans Understand?” by Tom DeWeese dated January 28, 2004 published by American Policy Center at http://www.americanpolicy.org/more/illegal.htm .
“14th Amendment Abuse by Illegal Aliens” by George Putnam dated March 25, 2005 published by News Max at http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/3/24/203103.shtml .
“America Still Beckons” by Joel Kotkin dated October 2005 published by The American Enterprise Online on http://www.taemag.com/issues/articleid.18720/article_detail.asp .
“Born Here Means Automatic US Citizenship – Should We Change That?” by Warner Todd Huston dated November 13, 2005 published by American Daily at http://americandaily.com/article/10158 .
“Ten Reasons for Enforcing America’s Immigration Laws” by Frosty Wooldridge dated January 2, 2006 published at http://www.frostywooldridge.com/articles/art_2004jul19.html .
“The Forgotten Illegal Immigrants” by Jim Kouri dated January 10, 2006 published by Renew America at http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/kouri/060110 .
“Broken Borders” by Stewart Verdery dated March 1, 2006 published by National Review Online at http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/verdery200603010806.asp .
“Permanent Principles and Temporary Workers” by Edwin Meese III and Matthew Spalding dated March 1, 2006 published by The Heritage Foundation on http://www.heritage.org/Research/GovernmentReform/bg1911.cfm .
“The Real Problem with Immigration ….and the Real Solution” by Tim Kane and Kirk A. Johnson dated March 1, 2006 published by The Heritage Foundation on http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/bg1913.cfm .
“10 Things You May Not Have Known About Immigration” by Chuck McCutcheon dated March 26, 2006 published by New House News at http://www.newhousenews.com/archive/mccutcheon032406.html .
“Next step for immigration” by Arnold Schwarzenegger dated March 28, 2006 published by Los Angeles Times at http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-schwarznegger28mar28,0,1104199.story?coll=la-news-comment-opinions .
“From Feudalism to Consent: Rethinking Birthright Citizenship” by John C. Eastman dated March 30, 2006 published by The Heritage Foundation on http://www.heritage.org/Research/LegalIssues/lm18.cfm .
“Immigration misunderstood” by Alan Reynolds dated April 6, 2006 published by Town Hall at http://www.townhall.com/columnists/AlanReynolds/2006/04/06/immigration_misunderstood .
“Stingy immigration policy stifles U.S. innovation” by Lezlee Westine and Scott McNealy dated April 25, 2006 published by USA Today at http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorials/2006-04-25-forum-immigration_x.htm .
“Assimilation Nation” by Pete D. Salins dated May 11, 2006 published by Manhattan Institute at http://www.manhattan-institute.org/html/salins.htm .
“I’m Not Illegal” by Yuri Mamchur dated May 16, 2006 published by The American Spectator on http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=9819 .
“Successfully Securing Identity Documents: A Primer on Preventative Technologies and ID Theft” by Alane Kochems and Laura Keith dated June 27, 2006 published by The Heritage Foundation on http://www.heritage.org/Research/HomelandDefense/bg1946.cfm .
“You Don’t Speak for Me!” by George Putnam dated July 21, 2006 published by News Max at http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/7/20/231409.shtml .
“Illegal Aliens Winning: Americans are the Losers” by Jim Kouri dated July 24, 2006 published by Renew America at http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/kouri/060724 .
“The Economic Argument for H1-B Visa Expansion” by John Tamny dated July 31, 2006 published by National Review Online on http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=Yjk4NmMwYTQyYTk3ZWM2MjlkOGIxMWE5OWE3MzY2MDE= .
“Beyond the Border” by James Jay Carafano dated August 1, 2006 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Press/Commentary/ed080106a.cfm?RenderforPrint=1 .
“Better, Faster, and Cheaper Border Security” by James Carafano dated September 6, 2006 published by The Heritage Foundation on http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/bg1967.cfm .
“A New Strategy for Control of Illegal Immigration” by Thomas G. Tancredo dated September 21, 2006 published by The Heritage Foundation on http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/hl971.cfm .
“The Right Immigration Policy” by Steven Malanga dated Autumn 2006 published by The City Journal at http://www.city-journal.org/html/16_4_immigration_policy.html .
“Tony Blair Renounces Multiculturalism – Sort Of” by Robert Spencer dated December 13, 2006 published by Front Page Magazine at http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=25958 .
“Tech industry has ulterior motive regarding H-1B visas” by Phyllis Schlafly dated December 18, 2006 published by Town Hall at http://www.townhall.com/columnists/PhyllisSchlafly/2006/12/18/tech_industry_has_ulterior_motive_regarding_h-1b_visas .
“What NBC’s Tom Brokaw Didn’t Report” by Frosty Wooldridge dated January 2, 2007 published by American Daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/17038 .
“Some States Welcome National ID” by Ryan Singel dated February 9, 2007 published by Wired News at http://www.wired.com/news/technology/1,72683-0.html .
“Anchor Babies: Made in the USA by Illegal Aliens” by Citizen Conservative dated February 13, 2007 published by American Daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/17667 .
“Is Pro-American Sovereignty & Security Just Anti-Immigration?” by JB Williams dated February 21, 2007 published by American Daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/17760 .
“Fresh Ideas for the Immigration Debate” by Peter Elstrom dated February 27, 2007 published by Business Week at http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/feb2007/db20070226_045720.htm?chan=search .
“Becoming American” by Stanley Renshon dated March 1, 2007 published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=27131 .
“Get REAL” dated March 2, 2007 published by National Review Online at http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=Y2Y3OTIyODk1ZTc0OTgwNDAyOWFmMDRmOTgwNzFhNGY=
“Heritage at the Border: Ideas that Make a Difference” by James Jay Carafano dated March 14, 2007 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/wm1395.cfm .
“Make English Our Official Language” by Newt Gingrich and Michael Ciamarra dated March 21, 2007 published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=27485 .
“Problems Continue in IDing Foreign Nationals Entering US” by Jim Kouri dated March 23, 2007 published by American daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/18099 .
“What Do Muslims Want?” by Raymond Ibraham dated April 9, 2007 published by National Review Online at http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NTUyMjYzZDlkMDhlYzEwYzkwYzc3YTQ2OWQxMjJhMTE= .
“Mexifornia, Five Years Later” by Victor Davis Hanson dated Winter 2007 published by City Journal at http://www.city-journal.org/printable.php?id=2130 .
“Diversity is Our Weakness: Assimilation was Our Strength” by JB Williams dated April 26, 2007 published by American Daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/18557 .
“A Lesson in Open-Borders Math” by Michelle Malkin dated May 2, 2007 published by Real Clear Politics at http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/05/a_lesson_in_openborders_math.html .
“The Real Importance of REAL ID: A Strategy for Saving the Secure Driver’s License Initiative” by James Jay Carafano dated May 4, 2007 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/HomelandDefense/em1024.cfm .
“Fixing Immigration” by Yuval Levin dated May 2007 published by Commentary Magazine at http://www.commentarymagazine.com/cm/main/viewArticle.aip?id=10872 .
“Why They Won’t Assimilate” by Selwyn Duke dated May 24, 2007 published by American Daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/18950 .
“Look to Europe” by Stanley Kurtz dated May 29, 2007 published by National Review Online at http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OTU4YzMwYmRjZDkyMWE2NzgzOWRkZDRlNTFiM2QzNGI= .
“Immigration: Solutions, Not Excuses” by Selwyn Duke dated May 30, 2007 published by American Daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/19021 .
“What to Do About the Unlawfully Present Population? A Fair and Practical Strategy” by James Jay Carafano and Mathew Spalding dated June 5, 2007 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/wm1487.cfm .
“Courting Illegality” by Ernest Istook dated June 6, 2007 published by National Review Online at http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NzJjNzQyMTI4MGY4NDRjMWY1YTZiYjc3MmEwYzM3YTU= .
“Is Congress listening?” by Michael Steele dated June 13, 2007 published by Washington Times at http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20070613/EDITORIAL/106130024&SearchID=73284834698880 .
“Practical Steps to Solving Immigration, American Identity, and Border Security” by Newt Gingrich dated June 18, 2007 published by Human Events Online at http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=21184 .
“Fixing Illegal Immigration in 10 Common Sense Steps” by John Hawkins dated July 13, 2007 published by Town Hall at http://www.townhall.com/columnists/JohnHawkins/2007/07/13/fixing_illegal_immigration_in_10_common_sense_steps .
“Immigration: Many Questions, A Few Answers” by Lamar Smith dated July 30, 2007 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/hl1046.cfm .
“What if Illegal Aliens Suddenly Vanished?” by Citizen Conservative dated July 30, 2007 published by American Daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/19759 .
“Helping Win the War on Our Doorstep” by Roger F. Noriega dated August 3, 2007 published by American Enterprise Institute at http://www.aei.org/publications/pubID.26601,filter.all/pub_detail.asp .
“The downside of diversity” by Michael Jones dated August 5, 2007 published by The Boston Globe at http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/04/the_downside_of_diversity/?page=full .
“Citizenship Devalued” by Doug Edelman dated September 8, 2007 published by American Daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/20199 .
“U.S. pushes E-verify for hires” by Stephen Dinan dated September 25, 2007 published by Washington Times at http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/20070925/NATION/109250072/1001 .
“Why Illegal Immigration is a Threat to the United States… And How Local Communities are Fighting Back” by Tom DeWeese dated September 27, 2007 published by Intellectual Conservative at http://www.intellectualconservative.com/2007/09/27/why-illegal-immigration-is-a-threat-to-the-united-statesand-how-local-communities-are-fighting-back/ .
“Feds Nail Over 1,300 Criminal Aliens and Immigration Fugitives” by Jim Kouri dated October 9, 2007 published by American Daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/20557 .
“A Modest Solution for Illegal Immigration” by Mark W. Hendrickson dated October 26, 2007 published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=9AD405D2-EDB6-4059-AA35-D58F8580D3F2 .
“Criminal Aliens Not Sent Home” by Mac Johnson dated December 6, 2007 published by Human Events Online at http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=23732 .
“Illegal Immigrants Are Not Stakeholders, That’s Why” by Gary Krasner dated December 16, 2007 published by American Daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/21283 .
“America in the Crosshairs of a Cultural Timebomb” by Frosty Wooldridge dated December 19, 2007 published by American Daily at http://www.americandaily.com/article/21320 .
“A Talent Contest We’re Losing” by Craig Barrett dated December 23, 2007 published by Washington Post at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/21/AR2007122101919.html .
“Reform Immigration Policy” by Newt Gingrich dated January 16, 2008 published by American Enterprise Institute at http://www.aei.org/publications/pubID.27369,filter.all/pub_detail.asp .
“The Elephant In the Immigration Room” by Lee Cary dated February 3, 2008 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/02/the_elephant_in_the_immigratio.html .
“Immigration Reversals” by Myron Magnet dated February 5, 2008 published by The American Spectator at http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=12683 .
“The end to multiculturalism” by Lawrence E. Harrison dated February 26, 2008 published by Christian Science Monitor at http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0226/p09s01-coop.htm .
“When Illegal Immigration Trends Converge” by Lee Cary dated February 28, 2008 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/02/when_illegal_immigration_trend.html .
“Virtually De-Fenceless” by Duncan Hunter dated March 3, 2008 published by Human Events Online at http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=25285 .
“Reality Sets In For The Virtual Fence” dated March 4, 2008 published by Investor’s Business Daily at http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=289526795156170 .
“Increasing the Cap for H-1B Visas Would Help the Economy” by James Sherk and Diem Nguyen dated March 31, 2008 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/Labor/wm1875.cfm .
“All Aboard: Fifty States Now Compliant with Real ID” by James Jay Carafano, Charles Stimson, and Diem Nguyen dated April 4, 2008 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/HomelandSecurity/wm1886.cfm .
“Report Uncovers Hidden Cost of Immigration” by Phyllis Schlafly dated April 21, 2008 published by Town Hall at http://www.townhall.com/columnists/PhyllisSchlafly/2008/04/21/report_uncovers_hidden_cost_of_immigration .
“More H-1B Visas, More American Jobs, A Better Economy” by James Sherk and Guinevere Nell dated April 30, 2008 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/Labor/cda08-01.cfm .
“Keep the Immigrants, Deport the Multiculturists” by Jason L. Riley dated May 15, 2008 published by The Wall Street Journal at http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB121080967841993539.html .
“A New Argument About Immigration” by Phyllis Schlafly dated May 26, 2008 published by Town Hall at http://www.townhall.com/columnists/PhyllisSchlafly/2008/05/26/a_new_argument_about_immigration .
“America’s ‘identity crisis’” dated June 8, 2008 published by The Washington Times at http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/jun/08/americas-identity-crisis/ .
“The H1B Visa Sham” by John Miano dated June 23, 2008 published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=0B9FC789-8BCB-4B83-B0FD-8B85EC5D2992 .
“15 Things You Should Know About ‘The Race’” by Michelle Malkin dated July 8, 2008 published by The Conservative Voice at http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/33148.html .
“Assimilation Crisis” by Rich Lowry dated July 11, 2008 published by National Review Online at http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDAxMWE4NzNiNzA4ZTE2MDM5MjczMzMyYTQ0MTFhMTM=.
“America’s Other Immigration Crisis” by Vivek Wadhwa dated July/August 2008 published by The American Magazine at http://www.american.com/archive/2008/july-august-magazine-contents/america2019s-other-immigration-crisis .
“Bush Should Strip Sanctuary Cities of Federal Funds” by Michael Reagan dated July 24, 2008 published by Town Hall at http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MichaelReagan/2008/07/24/bush_should_strip_sanctuary_cities_of_federal_funds .
“Immigration Enforcement? Yes, We Can!” by Mark Krikorian dated August 20, 2008 published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=1C6814DA-F26D-44B6-B2FD-E07D7A2F37C2 .
“Next Steps for Immigration and Border Security Reform: Restructuring the Work Visa” by James Sherk and Diem Nguyen dated September 30, 2008 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/bg2190.cfm .
“If It’s Fixed, Don’t Break It” by Janice L. Kephart dated October 2, 2008 published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=5B64103D-348A-466E-B0AE-B456183F5D5E .
“Should Judges Make Immigrants Policy?” by Jon Feere dated January 26, 2009 published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=61C0B0C9-5BCD-49EB-BA91-4C1900F50DC1 .
“Against Mass Deportation” by Richard Nadler dated March 9, 2009 published by National Review Online at http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MWFkMzI2Mzg1MWIwZmRhMjIyZTJjM2FhMmMxMDIzNWM= .
“Helping the Economy and Federal Deficit” by Jena Baker McNeill and Diem Nguyen dated April 9, 2009 published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=FF317C1C-E784-4897-848F-1B9EAEB4BD21 .
“Restricting H-1B Visas Is Bad for Business and the Economy” by James Sherk and Diem Nguyen dated May 13, 2009 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/HomelandSecurity/wm2440.cfm .
“Ag JOBs Amnesty: The Wrong Way to Help American Agriculture” by Jena Baker McNeil dated June 30, 2009 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/wm2513.cfm .
“Illegal Immigrants Account for $10.7 Billion of Nation’s Health Care Costs, Data Shows” by Matt Cover dated July 30, 2009 published by Cybercast News Service at http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=51751 .
“E-Verify: Challenges & Opportunities” by Jena Baker McNeill dated August 24, 2009 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/tst082409a.cfm .
“Secure Communities: A Model for Obama's 2010 Immigration Enforcement Strategy” by Jena Baker McNeill dated January 5, 2010 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/wm2746.cfm .
“Illegals Do Not Deserve a Free Press” by Edward I. Koch dated May 4, 2010 published by News Max at http://newsmax.com/Koch/Koch-immigration-Arizona-illegal/2010/05/04/id/357782 .
“The True Agenda of Immigration Protests” by Ross Kaminsky dated May 5, 2010 published by Human Events at http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36815&keywords=The+True+Agenda+of+Immigration+Protests .
“If You Want to Immigrate Here” by Jim Price dated July 3, 2010 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/07/if_you_want_to_immigrate_here.html .
“Birthright or Birthwrong?” by Virgil Goode dated July 12, 2010 published by Front Page Magazine at http://frontpagemag.com/2010/07/12/birthright-or-birthwrong/ .
“DC Declares War on States” by Chuck Baldwin dated July 21, 2010 published by American Daily at http://americandaily.com/index.php/article/4077 .
“Top Five Most-Crime-Ridden U.S. Judicial Districts All on Mexican Border” by Terry Jeffrey dated August 4, 2010 published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/TerryJeffrey/2010/08/04/top_five_most-crime-ridden_us_judicial_districts_all_on_mexican_border .
“Developing a Strong Border and Immigration Policy” dated August 17, 2010 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2010/08/Developing-a-Strong-Border-and-Immigration-Policy .
“Fourteen Ways to Reduce Government Spending” by Grover Norquist dated August 18, 2010 published by Americans for Tax Reform at http://www.atr.org/files/files/081810pr_14_Specific_Spending_Reduction_Ideas%281%29.pdf .
“We All Need to Assimilate” by James Allen dated August 28, 2010 published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/JamesAllen/2010/08/28/we_all_need_to_assimilate .
“Birthright Citizenship and the 14th Amendment” by J.R. Dunn dated August 30, 2010 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/08/birthright_citizenship_and_the.html .
“The Costs of Birthright Citizenship” by Hans A. von Spakovsky dated September 8, 2010 published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/HansAvonSpakovsky/2010/09/08/the_costs_of_birthright_citizenship .
“Crippling Terrorism in One Step” by Daniel Retter dated October 12, 2010 published by Front Page Magazine at http://frontpagemag.com/2010/10/12/crippling-terrorism-in-one-step/ .
“Obama’s Authoritarian Multiculturalism” by Seth Forman dated December 5, 2010 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/12/obamas_authoritarian_multicult.html .
“The Universal Card” by C.W. Getz dated December 26, 2010 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/12/the_universal_card.html .
“The Next Immigration Battle: Birthright Citizenship” by Arnold Ahlert dated January 7, 2011 published by Front Page Magazine at http://frontpagemag.com/2011/01/07/the-next-immigration-battle-birthright-citizenship/ .
“Immigration Lotto Lottery” by James R. Edwards Jr. dated March 3, 2011 published by Human Events at http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=42094 .
“House Republicans attempt to revive Real ID” by Declan McCullagh dated March 3, 2011 published by CNET at http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20038613-281.html?tag=mncol;1n.
“Restore Our Border” by Mark Krikorian dated March 28, 2011 published by National Review Online at http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/263179/restore-our-border-mark-krikorian .
“Yes, States May Restrict Illegal Aliens” by Quin Hillyer dated June 10, 2011 published by The American Spectator at http://spectator.org/archives/2011/06/10/yes-states-may-restrict-illega .
“E-Verify Will Open Up Millions of Jobs” by Lamar Smith dated June 28, 2011 published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/lamarsmith/2011/06/28/e-verify_will_open_up_millions_of_jobs .
“The Philosophies of Illegal Immigration” by Victor Davis Hanson dated July 1, 2011 published by Pajamas Media at http://pajamasmedia.com/victordavishanson/the-philosophies-of-illegal-immigration/ .
“Citizen U.S.A. The Reality” by Ileana Johnson Paugh dated July 7, 2011 published by Canada Free Press at http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/38251 .
“Finally a Sensible Government Visa Policy” by Gary Shapiro dated August 17, 2011 published by Real Clear Markets at http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2011/08/17/finally_a_sensible_government_visa_policy_99197.html .
“Defend Western Civilization” by Jim Lacey dated August 17, 2011 published by National Review Online at http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/274800/defend-western-civilization-jim-lacey .
“How to Destroy America: A Speech by Governor Lamm” by Frosty Wooldridge dated February 27, 2012 published by Frosty Wooldridge at http://www.frostywooldridge.com/articles/art_how_to_destroy_america_2003.html .
“US importing welfare cases? Just .068 percent of visa applications denied due to dependency risk in FY 2011” by Caroline May dated October 2, 2012 published by The Daily Caller at http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/02/us-importing-welfare-cases-just-068-percent-of-visa-applications-denied-due-to-dependency-risk-in-fy-2011/ .
“How are We Setting Immigration Policy?” by Jim Yardley dated October 18, 2012 published by Canada Free Press at http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/50411 .
“The GOP Dream Act is a Nightmare” by Charles Martel dated November 25, 2012 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/11/the_gop_dream_act_is_a_nightmare.html .
“The gulf between Barack Obama’s immigration stance and Barbara Jordan’s” by Jeremy Beck dated November 27, 2012 published by The Daily Caller at http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/27/the-gulf-between-barack-obamas-immigration-stance-and-barbara-jordans/ .
“The biometric solution(s)” by Robert A. Pastor dated January 29, 2013 published by LA Times at http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-pastor-immigration-biometric-id-20130129,0,2155557.story .
“Building a Wall around the Welfare State, Instead of the Country” by Alex Nowrasteh and Sophia Cole dated July 25, 2013 published by CATO Institute at http://www.cato.org/publications/policy-analysis/building-wall-around-welfare-state-instead-country .
“Where Libertarians Go Wrong on Immigration” by Nelson Hullberg dated October 29, 2013 published by Canada Free Press at http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/58875 .
“Immigrants Need Official English” by Noel S. Williams dated September 9, 2014 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/09/immigrants_need_official_english.html .
“The Bright Side of Amnesty” by Selwyn Duke dated November 18, 2014 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/11/the_bright_side_to_amnesty.html .
“Proud to be an American” by David Coughlin dated March 23, 2015 published by Canada Free Press at http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/70622
“Immigration Law Enforcement: Why Bother?” by Michael Cutler dated October 20, 2015 published by Front Page Magazine at http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/260499/immigration-law-enforcement-why-bother-michael-cutler .
“Ending Illegal Immigration” by Michael Thiac dated November 21, 2015 published by American Thinker at http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/11/ending_illegal_immigration.html .
“Patriotic Assimilation Is an Indispensable Condition in a Land of Immigrants” by Mike Gonzalez dated January 8, 2016 published by The Heritage Foundation at http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2016/01/patriotic-assimilation-is-an-indispensable-condition-in-a-land-of-immigrants .
“How to Fix Illegal Immigration in Five Steps Without Building a Wall” by Kevin D. Williamson dated February 9, 2016 published by National Review Online at http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431012/fixing-illegal-immigration-five-steps .
“Why Don’t We Replace Our Paper Visas with Smart Cards?” by Helen Raleigh dated June 11, 2016 published by Town Hall at http://townhall.com/columnists/helenraleigh/2016/06/11/why-dont-we-replace-our-paper-visas-with-smart-cards-n2176681 .
“Ten Steps to Fix Our Broken Immigration Enforcement System” by Roy Beck dated August 3, 2016 published by NumbersUSA at https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/10-steps-fix-our-broken-immigration-enforcement-system .
“Open Borders, Inc: Who’s Funding America’s Destruction?” by Michelle Malkin dated September 8, 2019 published by Breitbart at https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/08/exclusive-excerpt-michelle-malkin-open-borders-inc-whos-funding-americas-destruction/ .